Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Drawing Title block as GDL object with access from Layout Settings dialogue

Podolsky
Ace
Current problem in ArchiCAD - title blocks should be placed on Master Layouts. If company has many different title blocks (various sizes, designs, purposes) - it can have dozens of Master Layouts - sometimes up to 20. If use title block as GDL object with access to it's settings via Layout Settings - it can give more flexibility to title block itself (having one object with various parameters) and save amounts of Master Layouts.
2 REPLIES 2
Lingwisyer
Guru
What settings are you wanting?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Barry Kelly
I get what you are trying to do, but then you are trying to modify the title block object on a master (through the layout) and not have the other layouts using the same master update as well.
I think this would get very messy.

So either have multiple masters with the different title blocks, of just place the title block on the layout it self.

There is nothing to say the title block has to be on the master - other than that it is convenient to update it in one place and have all layouts using that master update as well.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11