BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Drawing references available in schedules

Anonymous
Not applicable
I want to be able to automatically list details from the view map/layout book as they relate to the head detail, jamb detail and sill detail in my door and window schedule. These are all either separate smart text placed to the sheet and laid over the schedule or manually coordinated text. Either way I am coordinating text position or text content, not parametric and not clean!
3 REPLIES 3
Brian Spears
Booster
I hate that every so often I think, "maybe now there is a way around having to manually coordinate H/J/S detail references in a Door Schedule," and I come here and search only to find the same result. One of my Users spent a good portion of his weekend dorking around with the DS in a large Project because the Layout containing the Schedule got shifted in the set to a different number. He wasn't ONLY fixing H/J/S references; someone else had also done a bunch of eyedropper / syringe work that had wrecked a bunch of rated door / door numbers, etc.

I even tried setting the H/J/S Detail as Autotext Reference, using that Autotext in a Text box, and copying / pasting it into the Schedule... Of course it pasted in as plain text. Otherwise this whole forum probably would have heard about it.
Brian Spears
BIM Manager, Steele Group Architects
Winston-Salem, NC
AC26 USA on macOS
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Gets my vote. We should be able to use all autotext and project settings and more, anywhere.

Reminds me a little of 2004:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=10585

Cheers,
Link.
adamsb
Newcomer
This gets my vote too. Unless...don't suppose anyone has found a way to get this to work yet?
AC21 64-bit
Mac OSX 10.12, 4.2 GHz Intel Core i7, 64 GB mem
Mac OSX 10.11, 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7, 32 GB mem
Learn and get certified!