BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Drop down list in Interactive Schedule

Anonymous
Not applicable
When defining an IS for zone, the categories are displayed in a drop down list, but library part's specific parameter that are defined as a list of parameters can't be display in a drop down list... one has to retype everything... this allows to use non authorised values for some parameters...
6 REPLIES 6
Karl Ottenstein
Geoffroy wrote:
When defining an IS for zone, the categories are displayed in a drop down list, but library part's specific parameter that are defined as a list of parameters can't be display in a drop down list... one has to retype everything... this allows to use non authorised values for some parameters...
I'm probably misunderstanding, Geoffroy - a week away from ArchiCAD can do that - but this works fine for me. Any parameter that is a drop down list in the object interface (that is, defined as a VALUES list in GDL) presents a drop-down list in the I.S. preview for me. What I'm guessing is going wrong is if you have two or more objects that have the same parameter name, but each defines the VALUES list for that parameter differently - or perhaps one doesn't define it at all?

See attached drop down for the bitmapped people object.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
I'm probably misunderstanding, Geoffroy - a week away from ArchiCAD can do that - but this works fine for me. Any parameter that is a drop down list in the object interface (that is, defined as a VALUES list in GDL) presents a drop-down list in the I.S. preview for me.
I've tried with a zone stamp I've made, and it doesn't work... I have 4 values list (each defining the finishes of the main 4 elements of a room), and the drop down list doesn't work in IS...

I should try with a newer object / resave this zone stamp in AC8 format / try with a simple object... maybe is it a bug ?

Have you ever tried to use it with zone stamp containing values list ?
Karl wrote:
What I'm guessing is going wrong is if you have two or more objects that have the same parameter name, but each defines the VALUES list for that parameter differently - or perhaps one doesn't define it at all?
My IS was set to only relate to one and only zone stamp...
Karl Ottenstein
I was reading too quickly, Geoffroy and thought you were saying that object's didn't work. Sorry.

Confirmed. This is definitely a bug. I get an editable text box rather than the drop down list for a zone stamp created freshly in 8.1 by duplicating the standard one and adding a value list parameter. (You've filed a bug report on this?) Interesting that the IS treats zone stamps differently from other objects.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
You've filed a bug report on this?
I just sent it !
TomWaltz
Participant
This is still not fixed in 9. I just filed another report.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
TomWaltz wrote:
This is still not fixed in 9. I just filed another report.
Does anyone know if this "drop down list for zones in I.S." functionality has been addressed yet or if graphisoft plans to fix it in the near future? its been on the wish list for a while now....

Dan K
Learn and get certified!