Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Drop down shadow parameter on objects (fitout)

Anonymous
Not applicable
It would improve even more the floor plan presentation. Just like the layer effect in Photoshop.
9 REPLIES 9
Eduardo Rolon
You can do this with 3D Document and 3D Cutaway.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
What If I want the shadows only on the Objects instead of the walls as wells?
I don't want a "work arround" to get to this.. just a simple shadow in 2D parameter on the Objects...
Eduardo Rolon
Use 2 3D documents and overlay them on the layout. One 3D document has the shadows and the other does not. This is not a workaround this is a feature.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
ejrolon, show an example made in Photoshop
Eduardo Rolon
Why Valery? this is not my wish.

Anyway this type of stuff I usually do in C4D, with the sketch renderer and very rarely with the 3D Document (since the C4D render usually looks better). I stopped using Photoshop to render floor plans a long time ago.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
ejrolon wrote:
Why Valery? this is not my wish.

Anyway this type of stuff I usually do in C4D, with the sketch renderer and very rarely with the 3D Document (since the C4D render usually looks better). I stopped using Photoshop to render floor plans a long time ago.
Sorry. This request was addressed BernardoGrasselli.

And you can set an example to do in C4D?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Like this...
I don't want to do the propoer Marketing Plan in C4D. It takes a long time to get the light and Materials setup up. And we have to rerender everytime the client asks to move the furniture...
Floor plan.JPG
Eduardo Rolon
This took about 20 min to set up:

1) One 3D Document with walls only and 3D Cutaway. Which may be substituted by a Worksheet from the floor plan.

2) Another 3D doc with slabs and objects only.

I know it needs more work but you get the idea.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am sure there is several ways to do something similar than what a proposed using Archicad tools. The problems is wallys relying on how our 3d libary looks. I am just looking for a faster workflow and better presentation.