Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Easier Date controls for Sun & Shadows

Emre Senoglu
Expert
An easier way to control sun position by changing date & hour would be great to have. This could be done by a simple slider like in sketchup or twinmotion. By adding this, it would be possible to have an interactive sun study, without having to change the sun, close the dialog, see the result, and repeat for each change. To be clear, it wouldn't be very useful to have a slider in a dialog since it would still mean that to see the update the dialog window would have to be closed. It should rather be a toolbox of some kind.
AC26 ARM // MBP M2 Max // Twinmotion | Corona | Rhino

www.senoglu.dk

4 REPLIES 4
DGSketcher
Legend
Having it in a toolbox would be good, but I don't mind if it is in the dialogue as long as there is an instant update to break that open / adjust / check / repeat process
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Emre Senoglu
Expert
Yes this is more what i meant. It's fine as long as it updates without having to click a 'okay' button. Although the possibility to have it docked would be very handy too. Or perhaps a compromise and something like the speed slider that only shows up during flythrough view.
AC26 ARM // MBP M2 Max // Twinmotion | Corona | Rhino

www.senoglu.dk

Podolsky
Ace
ArchiCAD would look a little bit better, if it had animation progress bar as in all animation software - for live construction simulations - movement of cranes, deliveries on site with lorries, construction phases - with connection to the construction program. And also to have built in sun study. Just when you choose your day (and time) ArchiCAD shows correct sun position.
Also would be nice to have some instant GI or pseudo GI in 3D window - like ambient occlusion.
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi All,

Thank you very much for creating this poll, and for those of you who voted to express their opinion.

I am happy to say we took notice of this wish and I have added it to our Wish List database (please refer to it as IDEA-1399). Hopefully, our Product Management team will adopt this one in the future.

Thank you all once more, and I wish you a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT