BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Easier Scroll and Search on all Forum Lists

Anonymous
Not applicable
How many times have you scrolled a long subject list, followed an interesting thread, but then been unable to return to the original search spot on the list of subjects?

How nice it would be if we could scroll down the long list of Subjects, read up on one, then go back to the same place to resume our list searching and researching. Now, I understand that the subject goes from grey to another grey, but those grey colors are pretty hard to tell apart.

Also, it would be nice if a chosen Subject Line "highlighted" for ease of scrolling, and if that highlighted subject line would just stay in place, and run up the page as a place holder in rapid searching and scrolling. It takes good eyesight to follow a cursor down a grey list of subjects, with no "gravity" or "hot spot" to use as a reference in the scroll.

-JS
4 REPLIES 4
Stress Co_
Advisor
Have you tried opening the topics "in a new tab"?
By the time I get to the end of the list.... most of the pages are loaded and ready to read. Easy to keep track.
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Karl Ottenstein
To add to Marc's comment: I frequently find folks who don't know how to quickly open links in new tabs. In case anyone's not aware of how to do this, it is the same on Mac and Windows browsers:

Windows: ctrl-click a link to open that link in a new tab

Mac: cmd-click

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Stress Co_
Advisor
Karl wrote:
Mac: cmd-click
I have my magic mouse set so a center click is a "command-click".
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Useful tip. Very helpful. I hadn't thought of tabs, thank you. And, I always appreciate how generous and forthcoming with people can be in this forum.

But the long list of topics is still just a haze of grey once you return to it. Why not make the "topics read" darker or lighter than the "topics unread" subjects?

And others have suggested linking subjects somehow, to make a Google search of subjects possible. Often the answers are buried so redundant threads are created.

-JS
Learn and get certified!