BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Easier unlock/show layers

Anonymous
Not applicable
Please let us change the layer lock/unlock on/off status in any layer dropdown.

This would be particularily useful when you can change an existing object's parameters only to realize that the OK button is greyed out. It would be nice to be able to simply swing the mouse over to the layer pulldown and click on the lock icon.

Also, you CAN change the parameters of hidden existing section/elevation markers without seeing the telltale grey hotspots. Right click on the quickview name and select "Section Settings". I don't think this is a bug really. It's more of an incomplete feature. It would be nice for ArchiCAD to check the layer status of the objects and ask us if we want to show the layer. It could even have an option to temporarily turn the layer on for just that one object. After you hit the OK button the layer will return to its previous state.

Furthermore, when a detail or section/elevation marker's layer is hidden or locked you cannot right click on the quickview name and select and zoom to it. I would like this to behave similarily to the unlock/show feature I describe above. The unlock/show process should be included in the command to zoom to the marker.
0 REPLIES 0
Learn and get certified!