Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Editable Hotspots in PROFILER

vfrontiers
Enthusiast
I am making a pitch for creating EDITABLE hotspots along a PROFILERS path. This would allow us to not only change a path after the profile has been made, but also to ADD Z values to the nodes of the path. I am thinking of gable end rake cornice. I have done STAIR RAILS this way, only I have to go back into the GDL and edit the z values.....

Anyone?
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
6 REPLIES 6
Geoff Briggs
Mentor
I'm there with you brother. I want to edit the path and the profile. And how about being able to re-use profiles once created so we can, say, create multiple lengths of a crown molding by simply drawing the paths in plan.

This tool is so important in a program like ArchiCAD. It could, and should do more.
Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x
Aussie John
Newcomer
Sounds like a great idea
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
vfrontiers wrote:
I am making a pitch for creating EDITABLE hotspots along a PROFILERS path. This would allow us to not only change a path after the profile has been made, but also to ADD Z values to the nodes of the path. I am thinking of gable end rake cornice. I have done STAIR RAILS this way, only I have to go back into the GDL and edit the z values.....

Anyone?
There is a great tutorial on Archiguide, you can find it here http://www.graphisoft.com/support/archicad/archiguide/3D_imaging/techtipsept2002.html about making stair rails with TrussMaker. The tutorial is done by Robert Olivieri.

On the other matter of editable hotspots along a profiler path. Couldn't agree with you more..

Cheers.
Ben
Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm with you Duane. I would use profiler much more with this ability.
LiHigh
Newcomer
we all know that this can be done easily with 3rd party plugins like GDLToolbox or Archiforma, But GS please extend the functionality of Profiler.
Howard Phua

Win 10, Archicad 19 INT
Gyuri Nyitrai
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Added to ArchiCAD Wishlist