Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Editable marquee

Karl Barker
Participant
A small request that I am not sure if it has been thought about before,but being able to adjust a marquee once drawn in a view. Would be handy to be able to adjust it once drawn like a fill rectangle with hotspots.
Especially helpful when attempting to fit a drawing of a specific scale onto a print from the model space.
Cheers,
Karl Barker.

27" iMac 3.6 Ghz Intel Core i9
32 Gig Ram
Mac OSX 10.14.6
AC 5.5 - AC22 (NZE)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
A small request that I am not sure if it has been thought about before,but being able to adjust a marquee once drawn in a view. Would be handy to be able to adjust it once drawn like a fill rectangle with hotspots.
Especially helpful when attempting to fit a drawing of a specific scale onto a print from the model space.
Or for when you need to adjust the extents of 3D model displayed in 3D window. Happens quite a lot.
Erika Epstein
Booster
Karl wrote:

Showing the layout as a trace reference should help.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Barry Kelly
It can be done if you draw a temporary fill and use that to magic want the marquee to.
Then you can adjust the fill and magic wand the marguee again.

Might not be quit so useful if you are trying to adjust the plan view of what you want to print - not sure if the fill outline will print.
I guess you could set it as a white pen or turn the perimeter off - just makes it harder to see/find in plan if you background is white.

Fine for adjusting 3D views as the fill won't show in 3D.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11