Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Edited text vanish with Esc key

4hotshoes
Advisor
I wish this was different. Why?
I just spent 15 minutes carefully entering text in a text box and carefully formatting it for a cover page. Then I accidentally hit the Escape key. Total frustration! All of my careful work has vanished and that is no "undo" to get it back. This has happened to me before on a smaller scale or with less of a loss.
Can we have a different way to confirm the contents of the text box other than clicking out side of it? I don't seem to have this problem with other tools. So it is probably just me.
Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)
2 REPLIES 2
runxel
Legend
Nah, we've all been there. I'd also love to behave the text tool more like in Photoshop & co, where the Esc key does not yeet your carefully inputted text.

However there is another way except for clicking outside: Control + Enter will do the same.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
runxel wrote:
However there is another way except for clicking outside: Control + Enter will do the same.
On a Mac it is Command + Return.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14