Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Element Information

Anonymous
Not applicable
Regularly I want find out -
* the size and area of a fill,
* length/ angle of line, (line angle is important as too often I find a line or wall that should be orthogonal was drawn at eg 0.23 degrees, leading to dimensioning errors)
* area of a slab,
* area of a door or window,
* area of a roof (both plan view and area aligned to its slope).

I know that it is possible to measure eg drawing a line along the object to be measured and seeing the read out but couldn't Element Information be upgraded to show this for a selected element?
5 REPLIES 5
Karl Ottenstein
It sounds like you don't know how to use Element Information, as half of the things you're asking for are available right now.

See the attached screenshot. Each button that you depress displays the associated information.

The angle of a line (or wall) is not given. I agree, this would be extremely useful. I'm voting 'important' just for this one item. 😉

The area of a door or window is not given (the I.S. can give it, or Element Info gives it as the total area of all holes in a wall).

The area of a roof in plan view is not given (only the real area is given). The only value that I can see to a plan view area is for an impervious surface calculation for site planning requirements. It is better to just draw a zone or fill over the entire structure for that, than to add up a bunch of individual 'projected' areas IMHO.

Karl
ei.gif
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
I should clarify what I would like to see...

if you have a wall or line selected, I would like to see the start and end point X,Y values, Line length (which I agree is shown) and angle. Even better if they are editable so for example adjust so X values can be the same to make wall or line orthogonal.
giza
Booster
hi all,
it would be nice to have some sort of quick calculator within Element Information, ieg. when selecting 5 walls on plan to calculate total length of all the walls , or similar with slabs to have total m² of all selected slabs etc.

it would also be nice to consider giving possibility to all pallets including other non graphisoft addons pallets to dock within archicad workspace just like "eg. Project Navigator" or similar
Gezim Radoniqi | Architect | BIM Manager @ 4MGroup
ArchiCAD user since version 6
AMD Ryzen 3950X CPU, 64 GB RAM, NVidia RTX 3060 12GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
...The angle of a line (or wall) is not given. I agree, this would be extremely useful. I'm voting 'important' just for this one item. 😉...Karl
Important perhaps overall, but essential for the angle function.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Wow, no votes below important! When are we getting this fixed then, especially the angle listing? It would only save me a 50 to 100 'waste of time' mouse clicks/selections a day.

Roolio