BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.
SOLVED!

Element Manager

As it is now one has to rely on setting up ad-hoc schedules/lists to get an overview of elements and although schedules allow for element editing and thus can be seen as a manager at the project level they are quite limited as such. At the same time there is the IFC Project Manager which gives a very good overview of element and has a lot of other useful functions that the schedule approach lacks. However, it's limited to the IFC aspect of the model. 

I would like to see an Element Manager similar to the IFC Project Manager. I think this would be an essential interface with constant use.  

Similar to the IFC manager the new Element Manager should have functionality to: 

• list model elements and to filter to only list elements visible in view,
    for the IFC Manager this is limited to plan and 3D and should be enhanced to include section/elevation.
  • select elements in model from list and vice versa,
    for the IFC Manager this is limited to element-level and should be enhanced to work on higher nodes. 
  • ability to assign elements to logical groups/systems,
    AC lacks native logical groups but this is really something that has to be introduced
  • filter based on criteria,
    for the IFC Manager this is limited to a IFC ID and should be enhanced to include criteria similar to find & select
  • edit elements at project level.
    for the IFC Manager this is limited to properties and should be enhanced to include editing element parameters similar to what can be done with schedules.  
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hello,

Thank you for sharing these great ideas!

I'm glad to say that we took notice and we have added this Wish into our Wish database.
(For future reference, you can refer to it as IDEA-9214)

I hope we see this get implemented in the future.
Have a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hello,

Thank you for sharing these great ideas!

I'm glad to say that we took notice and we have added this Wish into our Wish database.
(For future reference, you can refer to it as IDEA-9214)

I hope we see this get implemented in the future.
Have a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

That's great to hear! I think the IFC manager is really useful as is and at the same time filled with unrealised potential. Would be fantastic to see it as a more integral part in the AC interface.

Learn and get certified!