Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Element Transfer Settings missing Skylights

JaredBanks
Mentor

Has anyone else noticed this? Element Transfer Settings is missing skylights. I discovered this today when I finally figured out why my skylight favorites weren't transferring all the data saved in the favorite (position, load bearing status).

This is missing in 25 and 26. (and presumably every version since the revamp of parameter transfer).

I wouldn't call this a wish so much as a bug that needs fixing.Screen Shot 2022-08-09 at 2.40.41 PM.png

Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
6 REPLIES 6
DGSketcher
Legend

I'm a bit indifferent to all these transfer settings as they basically take too long to manage and it can be luck of the draw if you get what you were expecting. I tend to work on the basis of transferring all settings between matching element types and I will tweak anything that needs changed in the element settings. I would happily see a simplification to just passing all matching element type settings.

It would be interesting to hear other opinions on how much this setting transfer tool is being used?

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

I'm fairly indifferent as well since it's easier to fix settings after the fact than pick the perfect transfer settings option each time (and the transfer settings for favorites tend to not be remembered). The problem that skylights highlight is that no matter what Element Transfer Settings you pick, not all the settings are transferred. Which, um, is bad.

The occasional times I pick specific settings to transfer, the options are pretty good, but most of the time I don't have the patience to slow down my work to make sure I've checked and unchecked the right boxes/I don't use all the options regularly enough to know the precise results.

Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

I was going to mention Favourites, personally they are working great in my setup and if an element goes off the rails e.g. dimension style, I can just select the element  & double click the Favourite to get it back on track. That kind of makes the independent transfer settings redundant for me.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

Favorites are great, except when they don't transfer all the settings properly because Element Transfer Settings gets in the way/doesn't allow consistent/proper transfer of data from the favorite to the placed element (or revised element injected with the favorite's settings), as is the case with skylights.

Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Benjamin Dani
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hello,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience!

I am happy to say we took notice of this wish and I have added it to our Wish List database (please refer to it as IDEA-12192). Hopefully, our Product Management team will adopt this one in the future.

Kind regards,

Dani Benjamin
Technical Support Engineer

DGSketcher
Legend

@JaredBanks Hmm not sure what to take from this standard response other than it is tagged IDEA, so something has gone on the Wishlist. Is it consolidation of the Transfer settings or bug fixing the missing Skylight attributes. If it's a bug fix why is only an idea and not a defect?

Perhaps @Benjamin Dani would care to expand what we can expect?