Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Element selected in Section view - zoom to element on Story

Scott Bulmer
Booster
Similar to 'Select section marker on home story and zoom to it' or 'Show selection in 3D'. The ability to select a 3D element in either section, elevation or 3D views, then be able to zoom to that element in plan view (Home Story).
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
This has been asked for a few times.
Seems quite simple to do for a single element but I think the problem would be with multiple elements.
These could be from different storeys but your plan can only show one storey at a time.
So what would it show?
This is my guess as to why we don't have this feature.

There was discussion on possible options and workarounds in the other wishes if I remember correctly.
It is just a matter of finding them.

Here is one post I managed to find.

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=244685&highlight=select+plan+elevation#244685

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Scott Bulmer
Booster
Thank you Barry for your reply. You are correct about the issue of displaying multiple elements when they could be on different stories. My response would be to display a warning dialog box stating something like: 'The operation cannot be completed due to multiple elements selected which are on different stories.' We get similar warnings for other disallowed operations. Thanks again!
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.