Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Empty Opening - Like "Wall End" tool

Stress Co_
Advisor
I wish empty openings (doors) had a option to add a wall skin (like the "wrapped end" - wall end tool).

I often use arched topped "doorways" with wallboard wrapping the opening.

#1: Shows an empty door within a wall. Dashed lines and label are part of the door object.

#2: Shows two walls, each with a wall end applied. The dashed lines & text are "added" 2D.

#2 work-a-round is ok for the plan view.... but it doesn't work in elevation-3D. Takes about 4 steps to many.

Picture 2.png
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
3 REPLIES 3
__archiben
Booster
Stress wrote:
I wish empty openings (doors) had a option to add a wall skin (like the "wrapped end" - wall end tool).
absolutely agreed. i generally just show a stud set in by the thickness of the wall board to generate the impression of the board turning.

but it would be nice be able to clean up line thicknesses and the like properly.

IMO it's time to start breaking doors and windows down into component parts - like sub elements - so you would configure the wall opening, then the frame, then the leaf as three separately configurable components that pass information to each other, and can be swapped out or removed in their entirety . . . "assemblies"!

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Erich
Contributor
Stress,

On my system if I use "D arch opening 11", or any of the special openings, and set the cavity closure continuous, I get both the 2D and 3D appearance of gypsum board wrapping the opening. Does this not work for you?
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Stress Co_
Advisor
Yowza, so that's what cavity closure is for
Thanks Erich My wish is granted.
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)