Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Error message upgrade

Tom Krowka
Booster
Error messages are not very helpful. For example, a message that says "invalid polygon" is not very helpful if you have many polygons in the project. I'd like to see AC be able to zoom to and highlight the offending part so it can be corrected. This could be an option setting in work environment.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
2 REPLIES 2
GAG
Advocate
Another example.

When you place some external drawings in DWG format, you may see such message:

"Some of the Fill elements imported from file <File_Name>.dwg may appear different than in the original application."

If you have only one drawing, it's ok, but if you have multiple drawings... you must press OK many, many times... It's not just annoying, it's very time consuming! And there is no sense to show this MsgBox, when there is no choice, just 'OK'.

Feature request:
  • Option to disable such 'just information' messages
  • Option to redirect such messages to log
Voted Essential.
George
Tom Krowka
Booster
Attached is a very handy little tool I use for just this problem (multiple button pushing that wastes time). Once you set it up it will push the button for you as many times as necessary. Can't remember where I got it from, it's been years.
It's easy to set up and use. It's called "Press the freakin' button"; an appropriate name.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com