BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Everyone

I wish everyone who thinks that a workaround is a workaround would post a video of their workaround before they made a wish of how to solve their work around because then maybe I wouldn't just be reading wishes all day I might actually be able to help somebody solve their problem with the tools we've been provided that we paid for. If you want to wish for a tool then get some money and pay for a startup and make it happen or learn how to use what you have and give some actual input on how to make it better. Because the biggest problem with this wish category is that nobody is trying to capitalize on what is everybody's trying to make this program like everything else. But what makes it the best is that it's not like anything else and if you can't use something that's not like anything else will then go be a sheeple

3 REPLIES 3
ryejuan
Advisor

I agree with you on posting the workaround videos so other members can understand the intent of what they are doing but this wishes forum is intended for GS developers? 🤔

In the end what is your Objective?
ArchiCAD 9 onwards
Djordje
Ace

As a relative dinosaur, I have noticed that A LOT of wishes are the result of not knowing how to use Archicad, or trying to do the things the same way as you did in the previous software that you have used.

Yes, we all have an opinion, and we would wish that the world worked the way we want it. Well... it does not.

Try to learn the software first, and I mean LEARN it, not spend an afternoon clicking around and guessing. Spend some time with it, do a project or ten, and then you might be understanding it enough to be able to formulate a wish.

Everything else is an actual waste of yours and someone else's time and effort.

Grumpy boomer out.

Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Erwin Edel
Rockstar

I share a lof of this sentiment, but I'm also aware that me learning AC9 in 2006 was a lot simpler than someone learning AC26 in 2022 with all the cumulatively added tools. Whereas I've had to just learn the new or changed tools for every version.

Some of the (free) training material out there is trying to cover the entire scope of the software (like the training series on youtube from GS). I think it would be well served to instead offer tailored training for specific types of users, to not expose them to parts of the software they are unlikely to need right away to be productive or possible even ever.

Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Learn and get certified!