BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Expand Slab Edge Capabilities

Anonymous
Not applicable
In ArchiCAD 13 the angled slab edge feature was introduced giving us more modelling options... but nothing else happened to it after that...
I wish we could have more options on that feature such as switch to angled edge or beveled, flat beveled, its radius on its upper or lower or both faces (kind of like the CADimage tool)
Cheers,
4 REPLIES 4
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Essential in my opinion.
Basically we should have the ability to define and assign any profile to individual Slab edges.
(The same should be available for Roof edges. And maybe even Shell edges?)
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Matt Balaam
Enthusiast
Definitely essential!

Need to have an option to make the bottom of the slab the anchor for the angle rather than only using the top as the anchor.
AC21 (8002 AUS FULL) | AC24 (7000 AUS FULL)| Windows 10 Pro | Intel Core i7-12700 @ 2.1GHz | 32GB RAM | NVidia T1000
Barry Kelly
mcjh_matt wrote:
Definitely essential!

Need to have an option to make the bottom of the slab the anchor for the angle rather than only using the top as the anchor.
Now that we have the adjustable reference plane for slabs in 18 it would make sense that the angle is measured from there (to me at least).

Barry
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
DGSketcher
Legend
Not convinced this is needed, whilst it would add to ACs flexibility I personally think the profile tool covers most situations and provides a great opportunity to show edge construction detail in the same process.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Learn and get certified!