BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Explanation roll over for "grayed out" areas

Gus
Newcomer
Often in settings dialogues a portion of the dialog is "grayed out." This is because it is currently un-editable of course, and this makes a lot of sense. It's better that it is grayed out than not visible at all. However, if we want to change that setting we are up poop creek, because we don't know why it's grayed out and there are no instructions explaining to us why that specific thing is grayed out. It can take a long time to figure out why something is currently un-editable and we shouldn't have to do an analysis of the program in order to figure this out. I think a great solution to this would be to have an explanation in every place that the gray-out function is used. The explanation could come when we roll over the grayed out text or at least if we right click on the grayed out text it might have a pop up that gives us many options, one of which would be "Why is this Grayed out and Currently Un-editable."

This is an example of the type of thing ArchiCAD could do to make the program much easier to use. I feel as though there are many ways to "teach" how to use the program, without doing any actual "teaching" or taking classes at all. If ArchiCAD could teach how to use the program while using the program. People would slowly become experts at the program without ever having to take classes at all. It would be a great selling point for the program in the long run and one more example of ArchiCAD leading the pack in innovation.
www.michaelgustavson.com Architect NY WI IL
Madison WI
Archicad21 MEP EcoDesSTAR Win10-64-bit
EliteBook8570W Corei7-3630QM@2.40GHz
QuadroK2000m RAM32 (2)250GBSSDs
4 Monitors Internet:4Up60Down
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
I totally agree with you people would slowly become experts. If ArchiCAD could teach how to use the program while using the program.
Learn and get certified!