Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Expolding Texts in Archicad

moreha
Booster

I wish if it could be possible to explode Texts in Archicad, although I've found some tips and tricks to do that through other tools! But I think it would be fine if in the next versions expoding the texts to lines, archs & splines become available!

6 REPLIES 6
Erwin Edel
Rockstar

Have you tried using the 3D text object as a work around to grab the shapes?

Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5

Yes as I've written in my article I've find the way to this through the 3D Text Object Tool, but as you might have been faced, Formatting the 3D Text specially choosing the Fonts in that object tool is a bit difficult specially we can not change the Characters distance and other formatting possibilities in 3D Text Object Comparing the Text Tool itself!

Anyhow, I thank you very much for your reply.

Best wishes!

Erwin Edel
Rockstar

I didn't think of that, good point.

Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
DGSketcher
Legend

It's a fair wish, but it is possibly best handled by a (typo) graphic program that properly handles kerning and style management with a save to DWG option rather than distracting GS from more important fixes & improvements.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

WhatI've done in the past is make a brand logo (containing text) for a client in Adobe Illustrator, converting it to outlines, then saving to DWG from Illustrator. I then import it into Archicad and use it in 2D, or if needed in 3D, auto trace the shapes with the morph tool, then stand it up if it needs to be vertical.

So yes, it would be nice to simply explode text.

Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System

Yes, accidentally I am redesigning my Personal Brand Logo and Logotype using Archicad instead of softwares such as Adobe Illustrator and that’s the reason I wish Archicad have the feature to explode Texts using the Text tool directly in Archicad

Thanks and best regards!