BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Extended Marquee Tool Functionality

James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Would be nice if the marquee worked like any other object, ie I can stretch a side, curve an edge and add and subtract. I get around this now by creating a fill or slab and magic wanding.

But would be really handy if the marquee tool had it inbuilt.

Also, it would be nice to be able to have a third type (ie single storey and all storeys) that of start Z height and finish Z height. ie height of a marquee. Hmm, this might be getting a little complicated

Comments?

James.
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
There you are working away within a Marquee. Now you need to copy/cut and paste an item from one storey to another. On the 'paste' command the item appears within a new Marquee and you click to place the object. Now the old Marquee is gone and you have to redo it.

This happens a number of times every day, X 300 times a year. That adds up.

Marquee wish No.1 = Keep the original Marquee intact.

Kind regards, Laurence Brill
Anonymous
Not applicable
Laurence wrote:
There you are working away within a Marquee. Now you need to copy/cut and paste an item from one storey to another. On the 'paste' command the item appears within a new Marquee and you click to place the object. Now the old Marquee is gone and you have to redo it.

This happens a number of times every day, X 300 times a year. That adds up.

Kind regards, Laurence Brill
I'm right there with you Laurence. It seems there should be a second marquee for pasting without affecting the original marquee
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
I totally agree. This really annoys me - especially when I have my perfect marquee selection and I move something to another storey by cutting and pasting. Doh, lost my marquee.

Possibly instead of having a second marquee for pasting, maybe the whole copy and paste function (to different storeys) could be better designed/managed. Maybe an option to "Move Object to storey...".
Or maybe an aditional option in the change all selected elements dialogue box, so in adition to layers and pen colour (and the list of selected element types) there could be a storey option there as well. This would of course be an alternative to the cut and paste.

Would be very handy.

James.
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
Anonymous
Not applicable
Laurence wrote:
Or being able to save the marquee to "Selections".

Kim
Anonymous
Not applicable
We have a non-printing normall-locked layer called 'marquees' (doh) ... with various pretty-coloured polylines ready-made for the various things that we want to marquee... just magic-wand and viola!

Sounds complicated but actually very easy in practice ... do we -really- need another 'tool' operation??

- Stuart
Djordje
Ace
StuartJames wrote:
We have a non-printing normall-locked layer called 'marquees' (doh) ... with various pretty-coloured polylines ready-made for the various things that we want to marquee... just magic-wand and viola!

Sounds complicated but actually very easy in practice ... do we -really- need another 'tool' operation??

- Stuart
No.

Save a view with a marquee you want. Go back to that view.

Trumpet!
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Gyuri Nyitrai
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Added to ArchiCAD Wishlist
Learn and get certified!