Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Faceframe cabinets

Anonymous
Not applicable
We do allot of residential work and we like the look of face frame cabinets. The ArchiCad library cabinets currently don't have this as an option. I have seen Kitchen libraries offered for sale on other sites. They have some of these options just not all the ones I want and I just think it would be nice to add some additional parameters to the stock library cabinets. The Door and Window libraries have made so much improvements in the last three updates I would just like to see some attention given to the cabinet library parts. I also know that there are ways that I can build the cabinets the way I want them with other means tools and processes. I just don't want to have to go through all that work for every project.

If you do make the change these are some of the perameters I would like to be able to control.

Face frame:
Inset, Overlay, Flush
Width of face frame: Top, Sides, Internal, & bottom
Door Frame width: Top, Sides & bottom
Door thickness
Face frame thickness

There should also be a new cabinet spacer component. Just like the counter overhang there should be a face frame extension that is editable.

I think there should also be a new cabinet part for decorative elements we have all seen the pictures in the magazines with fluted columns and built out corners with decorative trim and base. All these elements add to the design and I can draw them 2-D and I can model them in 3-D however they are time consuming and labor intensive. it would be nice to have them available in a library part.

Thank you for reading my Request
3 REPLIES 3
I'd also like to see the ability to assign different materials to the parts of the cabinetry that require vertical grain vs. horizontal grain... such as the top/bottom frames components of a panel vs. the side frame components.

I created a door and drawer panel object for using when materials in renderings are critical.
Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System
Anonymous
Not applicable
Rex wrote:
I'd also like to see the ability to assign different materials to the parts of the cabinetry that require vertical grain vs. horizontal grain... such as the top/bottom frames components of a panel vs. the side frame components.
This would be an exilent addition to the library part. All I want to do is put in cabinets that will look and work with the rest of the design so that when the cabinet maker does his work the end product matches what I modled and showed the client in the begining.
Gralewski permit revis# - 2.jpg
I also forgot to say that another thing I would like to see, that I had to customize in my own cab/drawers object, is to have the doors and drawers with a small gap between them to show when rendered. As it is now, all of the cabinets, drawers and even double-doors show as one big flat surface when rendered.
Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System