Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Favorites Palette (Graphic)

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would be interested in knowing if I am alone in the wish that ArchiCAD returns to more of a Visual Design tool as it once was. The profession of Architecture, Interior Design,etc. which utilizes ArchiCAD is a Visual profession. It appears that we are going into a DATA based tool instead of a Creative Visual Tool thereby perhaps inpacting the way our buildings are beginning to look, as Out of the Box Data compilations. In this vane I would like to suggest the further development of the Favorites Pallette so it is more graphic and not so data based. I have included an image to illustrate how a very helpful tool could be used to assemble a project Pallette before the Design process begins. When we are in the heat of passion in the (Design Phase), it is too frustrating to change from right to left brain finding what we need with numbers and words only. I understand that Apple's new browser SPOTLIGHT may have the potential for Image browsing ArchiCAD Library objects. Anyhow here is a crude example of what I would really consider useful in future versions.
3 REPLIES 3
Andy Thomson
Advisor
We made our favorites all viewable on a sub-sub-sub storey, like a palette, with the favorites menu featuring the same objects, but a little mouse-over preview image would be a real help, and increase the uptake of standardized favorites, which is something I am having to overhaul for our office at the moment...

A
Andy Thomson, M.Arch, OAA, MRAIC
Director
Thomson Architecture, Inc.
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
AC26/iMacPro/MPB Silicon M2Pro
Anonymous
Not applicable
A bit suprised not more voting here... PLEASE GS DO THIS!!!!!.. While you are at it do something about manipulating/grouping favorites.. Today I had 11 Favorites to delete and you know what I had to do?? click a fav, click arrow thingy, then delete.. Had to be done one at a time.. Every other windows app I know lets you multiple select and hit the delete key on the keyboard..
Andy Thomson
Advisor
There are a lot of these 'one-at-a-time' issues. Like old masters I was just deleting from a Layout Book, or viewsets, details or what have you, or wanting to rebuild say just a handful of elevations, not ALL of them and also not 'one-at-a-time'.

One needs more excuses to get coffee while AC actually works!

A
Andy Thomson, M.Arch, OAA, MRAIC
Director
Thomson Architecture, Inc.
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
AC26/iMacPro/MPB Silicon M2Pro