Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Feature creep

jdrulon
Participant

I have been an Archicad user since the early 1990's and been a bit of a Johnny Appleseed taking Archicad to firms and in some cases being able to convince them to with over to Archicad from AutoCad (before Revit came on the scene). I now use AC25 but am concerned that it has become more and more difficult to use due to new features and new ways the tools are used. I get very tired trying to figure out why a tool now longer works they way I was used to having it work. I am concerned that it is becoming as hard to use as Revit. I hope Graphisoft is not adding features just to be more like Revit instead of being very intuitive in how it is used.. 

11 REPLIES 11

@ArchiMind Intuitive isn't a difficult concept, it is very similar to a child's shape sorting toy where with a basic understanding of requirement there is an obvious solution. With the road GS are taking we still have the same requirements but finding the right solution is no longer obvious, and is frequently buried under layers of attributes, settings and complex work flows. And to use a classic motor vehicle analogy, the car I acquired back at 4.55 (1995) evolved into a racing car but in the last 5 years it has turned into a tractor pulling a cart full of ....

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

Good point, but still concept of intuitive is not very easy to define. Being that every person is different in comprehending the information :).

I agree there should be a balance between the learning curve :),

Cheers,

Stefan

Versions 13 to 25
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core
RAM:32GB
GPU: RTX 2080Ti
Windows 11