BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

File open translator Info box descriptor

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is one item that is (has been) annoying to me (for years) >

I use the AC USA version; Since AC9 and through AC11, and now again in AC12 the descriptive text in the Info window for each different open file translator option is and has been displayed in a Germanic language. I guess I do alright anyway without it being in a language i can readily understand and i haven't lost any jobs or missed out on acquiring any projects as a result; but, this falls into the "Ought not to be" and "Ought to be corrected" categories.

Since AC10 I have mentioned it to my reseller and they insist that they have passed on the notification to GS, but apparently on to deaf ears - or ignoring ears?? I tend to think that it's GS's way of telling me that they know I own the software and the likelihood that I will flip back to autocad is very unlikely (truthfully, I wouldn't even consider it): so the heck with it, why fix it.

Come on guys and gals at GS; can you fix this?
1 REPLY 1
Karl Ottenstein
Hi Jeff,

The translators are stored in a non-version-specific folder on your hard disk. For me (Mac) they are here:
Macintosh HD:Users:karl:Library:Application Support:Graphisoft:DXF-DWG Translators

Check the 'Location' field of the DXF-DWF Translation Setup dialog to see where your are stored. Examine the date/time stamp on the ones that seem incorrect to you.

The default US 12 installation does not have the text issue you raise. (It actually did - again! - in beta, but was fixed prior to release.)

It is possible that you are seeing this (Dutch) text problem because the 'bad' translators were installed for some earlier version and have never been deleted or edited. (One could argue that each version should have its own folder of settings, which would also avoid this carryover problem - but then it would be an extra step to find old, useful translators and bring them into the new version.)

HTH,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!