Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Fills for Roofs and Slabs - How Important?

Karl Ottenstein
Following up on the wish thread (can't add a poll to an existing thread):

Please vote. Maybe Graphisoft will finally listen.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
An option would be to associate slab fills with zones. Then you could have one room(zone) have tiles, while the next room(zone) on the same slab does not.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sergio wrote:
An option would be to associate slab fills with zones. Then you could have one room(zone) have tiles, while the next room(zone) on the same slab does not.
You have a good point here. There are many situations where a slab needs multiple fills. In the room/zone issue perhaps the fill should be associated with the zone tool and override the slab setting when the zone is active. The other situation that occurs to me is when a floor has a border around a field. This occurs often in stone and tile floors, sometimes in wood and carpet floors, and there are the occasional floors with mixed materials. I suppose these could be done manually (the old fashioned way).

This subject brings to mind another thought. Perhaps the zones should also have wall color(s) (optionally) associated with them. This would allow the assignment of paint finishes the way they are actually done rather than by the walls which may run through several rooms. The interesting thing about this is that with the zones off (or no wall covering specified for a room) the walls would render with their own color; once the finishes for the rooms are specified, they could be rendered in their correct colors/textures. Perhaps I should make a new topic for this.