Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Filter elements in 2D

giza
Booster
ArchiCAD has some great options in combining layers and with renovation to show and hide certain elements but when the projects sometimes are heavy with information or during conceptual design when we can have multiple versions of design but only certain elements need to be modified massively(all at once) like say only slabs display in 2D i think it would be great if there is an option to use Filter elements function but to be adapted for filtering elements in 2D so that it shows only elements of certain tool in 2D like for example slabs, regardless of layer states

I work a lot in 3dsMax and isolate is feature that offers this and it really speeds up the process.

Would it be possible to consider this feature?
Gezim Radoniqi | Architect | BIM Manager @ 4MGroup
ArchiCAD user since version 6
AMD Ryzen 3950X CPU, 64 GB RAM, NVidia RTX 3060 12GB
2 REPLIES 2
Podolsky
Ace
I think it would be better to have something like "hide by criteria", that would work like Graphic Override. Then you can choose any criteria (including GDL parameter or property - let say construction stage) and hide / show element. So, it can be very simple - as you suggest, or it can be complex - let say to show progress of installation of building panels starting from ID 001 to 053...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Why limit filtering to 2d?!
We can have Model Filter View Option.