Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Find & Select: Beam Slant Angle

DGSketcher
Legend

Please can we have the Beam Slant Angle added to the Find & Select selection criteria.

I just had the pleasure of modifying a complex roof framing drawing containing 70+ beams at various lengths & elevation heights with a small angle change (not immediately visible but still relevant). Had the slant angle criteria been available it would have been easy to find and select any beams that were not compliant with the new roof angle.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
8 REPLIES 8
Barry Kelly

Yes there are many things like this that should be added to Find & Select criteria.

As well as Graphic Override rule criteria.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

@Barry Kelly After posting I thought I might be able to use a GO to identify the beams still requiring changed. At least the criteria for F&S and GOs seem quite well aligned now, but unfortunately incomplete... another WiP

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

The only workaround I can think of (I haven't tested) is to create a Property with an expression for the beam slope angle if that is possible.

Then you can use that property in the criteria for F & S and GO.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

@Barry Kelly Job done for now, hopefully no more changes. Good suggestion, but definitely a workaround that lacks the immediacy that F&S should deliver for such basic settings. Thanks.

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Why don't you create a Schedule that displays only the "Element Type" and "Beam Slant Angle" fields, then click the various cells in the generated schedule and select elements in 2D or 3D from there?

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

@Laszlo Nagy  That's another valid workaround. I assume I could also change the slant angles in the schedule particularly if they were grouped. We are losing sight of the original post though which was to highlight that the F&S criteria are missing some essential values. 

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Yeah, that is still a valid wish.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Dear All,

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts on the wish!

I am happy to say we took notice of this wish and I have added it to our Wish List database (please refer to it as IDEA-4358). Hopefully, our Product Management team will adopt this one in the future.

Thank you all once more, and I wish you a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT