Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Find & Select on Steroids?

Stress Co_
Advisor
I wish the "Find & Select" tool would list the location(s) of elements based on selected criteria (Not just in the current view, but in the entire project).

It would allow you to select an item from the list and then go to the selection. i.e. open the view and highlight the element.

If you've ever used "Find Linked Markers", you may understand what I mean.

EDIT:
I should mention.... I've only had limited success with "Find Linked Markers" A Bug? Perhaps.
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
7 REPLIES 7
Chazz
Enthusiast
I use F&S a lot and while it is OK it could be a lot more powerful. I like your ideas but would also like to be able to find and replace text strings (globally) and increase the power of the booleans within F&S (I find I want the choice for "is not" more often in the given selection criteria, etc).

Someone here (Matthew?) was saying that Revit has no equivalent to F&S. I wonder how they deal with this task?
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
Karl Ottenstein
Stress wrote:
I wish the "Find & Select" tool would list the location(s) of elements based on selected criteria (Not just in the current view, but in the entire project).

It would allow you to select an item from the list and then go to the selection. i.e. open the view and highlight the element.
Marc,

This is what the interactive schedules have always done. I can't remember what version they were introduced in... 9?

Generate ANY schedule - drawing (index) or elements/objects based on your selected criteria. You'll see buttons at the top of the schedule window as shown below. For model elements, you have two buttons - to highlight the chosen element in 2D or in 3D (the appropriate view will appear). For a drawing index, for example, it is just 2D - as a layout will appear with the selected drawing highlighted.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Stress Co_
Advisor
Karl:
I never knew schedules could zoom to a selected item.
It'll even tell you if it's on a hidden layer.

One question, I can't seem to find a way to list 2D objects placed in sections/elevations. Is it possible?

Thanks!
Marc
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Barry Kelly
Stress wrote:
Karl:

One question, I can't seem to find a way to list 2D objects placed in sections/elevations. Is it possible?

Thanks!
Marc
Schedules only work for elements placed in plan unfortunately.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Karl Ottenstein
Stress wrote:
Karl:
Don't feel bad. The new icons are really easy to miss. In the original interactive scheduler, we had a variety of limitations compared to the implementation today ... but there were big buttons with text on them that said "Select in Plan" (or something like that).

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the tool tip.
I tried this function out, and in concept I can see it is a great tool, but was actually annoyed by the zoomed in view.
Not a big deal, but wish I could turn of this, in your face zoom.
Bier
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,
Stress wrote:
Yes, it is possible with the 'old' calculations but not with the interactive schedules.

--
Regards, Juha