Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Find&Select tool

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am not an experimented user, but still I have some wishes for ArchiCad manufacturers:

1st. We need the Find&Select tool to be working also in the façades and Sections!! Is it really difficult to do this? just asking myself...

2nd. Find&Select tool needs to have more criteria when selecting the windows or doors (it would be perfect if it contains all the parameters of an element) in order to make the selection more accurate when labelling in order to avoid manual selection.

Waiting for improvements..
4 REPLIES 4
Eduardo Rolon
1. Find and Select work in Sections and Facades though sometimes it is easier to select them in 3D since you can select all the pertaining windows while in S+E you can only select what is visible.

2. Which criteria are you missing? There are a lot of parameters that you can choose from…
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
ejrolon wrote:
1. Find and Select work in Sections and Facades though sometimes it is easier to select them in 3D since you can select all the pertaining windows while in S+E you can only select what is visible.

2. Which criteria are you missing? There are a lot of parameters that you can choose from…
- I really would need to be able to select the windows in the façade with Find&select tool. The situation is this: in plan all the windows are numbered with consecutive numbers that includes the level index,but in the façade i need the number of the type of window..The project has 3 blocks, each one of then has 4 levels..and (as I know) you can only label a window when it is selected it in the façade and not in 3D..
-I wish the criteria of direction opening would also be among the criteria (see the attached picture)
Eduardo Rolon
If I understand correctly for the First item this should work
  • 1. Open Elevation
    2. Select Window tool
    3. Use CTRL+A (Win) or Cmd+A (Mac) to select all Windows
    4. Use CTRL+T or Cmd+T to open their settings and turn on their Labels
    5. Edit the labels to "taste"
For the second part I don't think that it is possible though you could use the ID as a workaround. Window 01r (right) or 01L for left
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Eduardo Rolon
Screenshot.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator