Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Find and Select to include additional fields for search

Anonymous
Not applicable
Find and Select is great, but why doesn't it allow you to search for all fields that can be found in the Schedules?

My wish would be that you can add additional fields in the Find and Select dialog. Or have it include all fields by default for the given element type.

In this case, I'm trying to find and select all doors by their Fire Rating (which have all been carefully set by a colleague) - I now need to select and edit all the doors with a particular fire rating, but can't do it using Find and Select
7 REPLIES 7
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Mark:

You can set up a Schedule to do this: under Criteria add Door, and the parameter from the Door that contains the Fire Rating. The Fire Rating Criteria (which is probably Text) can be is / is not / contains, etc. so the Schedule shows only the Doors meeting that Criteria. This Schedule can be used to select the doors in 2D or 3D.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
have one already, thanks David - need to edit the door markers and was hoping to do it all in one hit, rather than one-by-one.
Anonymous
Not applicable
sorry, that's possibly confusing - I meant I have a schedule set up already...
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Mark:

I mean you can create a schedule that is just used for selecting the doors of a specific fire rating, separate from the main door schedule. I am posting a screen shot, the parameter "Schedule remarks" (which is a text type parameter) would be the "Fire Rating" parameter in your scheme. Use the Value for Fire Rating in the Criteria panel to set the fire rating value you want to use. Once the doors are listed in this schedule, you can select them all at once (in 3D if on multiple floors) and change any parameter for them.

David
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
OK, I see what you've done and have tried doing the same, but I still can't select multiple doors in the schedule and I can't whittle down the door list by excluding doors that I don't need via the schedule fields.
So I'm still doing it one by one.

Or am I just doing it wrong?

A find and select addition would be simple. and so much faster. and more user friendly for beginners who haven't mastered scheduling.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Mark wrote:
but I still can't select multiple doors in the schedule and I can't whittle down the door list by excluding doors that I don't need via the schedule fields.
Make sure you have checked Merge Uniform Items so all the doors appear in one row. Minimize the number of Criteria and Fields so only doors with the desired fire rating are included in the schedule.

David
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah. yes. thanks!

I see this as a workaround though - still think my wish is valid... or maybe I'm just being stubborn..!