BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Find function in layer dialoque box

Pertti Paasky
Expert
Having hundreds of layers, it's hard to find the spesific layer. If I only could use the find -command here...
- AC-24 FIN - WIN 10 - HP Zbook -
“A winner is just a loser who tried one more time.”
George M. Moore, Jr.
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
yes^3
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Hundreds? Ouch... In that case I can imagine you want a search... but I have to ask? Why so many layers? Is this standard in finland? I just had a look at our template, we clock in at 98 layers, give or take a few custom ones for some projects, that's hardly ever more than a hundred odd.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Pertti Paasky
Expert
Edwin, I think we have a reasonable amount of layers in our FI template. To the point: sometimes when a big project is in the final stage there are lots imported layers from other plans. Especially when you have to review and cross check designs in meetings you have to be fast. -OK, if you just have those hundred standard layers you don't need this.
- AC-24 FIN - WIN 10 - HP Zbook -
“A winner is just a loser who tried one more time.”
George M. Moore, Jr.
mikas
Expert
I don't know if this helps, but you can jump to a layer with typing quickly the first letter or a few first letters of the layer name. You can't have anything selected though, because if you have, it starts editing the fields.
Layers01.png
AC25, Rhino6/7+Grasshopper, TwinMotionMac Pro 6,1 E5-1650v2-3,5GHz/128GB/eGPU:6800XT/11.6.5 • HP Z4/Xeon W-2195/256GB/RX6800XT/W10ProWS
Anonymous
Not applicable
Typing the first type is a known help, but even than you have to scroll.
@Erwin: We get layer templates from client very often and it is not allowed to delete not needed layers. A in some projects there are several 100 layers.
So I wish search-function very much.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Came here to find this. Yes! Search function it a few places would be v. useful.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Agree, and also I think the whole layers dialog should be improved, it has space for a few good improvements, like a color highlight just for visualization, like let say, all my structural layers are highlighted with blue, all my furnitures and interiors layers with green, etc.
alemanda
Advocate
+1
AC 19 and AC21 latest hotfix
Win 10 Pro 64bit
Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)
32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620
Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440
www.almadw.it
Anonymous
Not applicable
arqrivas wrote:
Agree, and also I think the whole layers dialog should be improved, it has space for a few good improvements, like a color highlight just for visualization, like let say, all my structural layers are highlighted with blue, all my furnitures and interiors layers with green, etc.
I thought a few times about whether it would be useful to be able to have sub-folders for layers. That you can expand or collapse. Colour coding would be good too.
Learn and get certified!