BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Fix the stacking order!

Geoff Briggs
Mentor
I know this issue has been raised a hundred times before. I don't care. After dropping four large on software I should never, ever, ever see a warning like this. It's a 3D model for pete's sake. Things are on top of each other! It's criminal how much time I spend shuffling things forward and back. When I see this dialog I just want to scream.

TopStack.png
Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x
5 REPLIES 5
Aussie John
Newcomer
agreed. Also I hate when you edit a element back in the stack and it then jumps to the front.
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Tom Krowka
Booster
Everything should have a stack number available in the info box so you can select each item and assign it a stack number. This will eliminate selecting items and pulling forward and pushing backward blindly, hoping something will look right.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
Totally agree with all of you!
Tom's idea is a really simple solution to really annoing issue.
__archiben
Booster
Tom wrote:
Everything should have a stack number available in the info box so you can select each item and assign it a stack number. This will eliminate selecting items and pulling forward and pushing backward blindly, hoping something will look right.
sorry tom, but no no no!

we don't need any more controls and settings for elements than we already have . . . and that's currently too much!

far better for an intelligent automatic solution to this problem with manual override for times of crisis: consider this:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=78293#78293

... maybe?

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Tom Krowka
Booster
Cut plane manipulation is too cofusing.....I get too many unintended and unwanted results that one must go back and change. You are correct in the fact that while all the controls give great choices, it does take time. So I fifure what's one more control. It would take less time to change a default setting in the info bx than it would to click stack order back or forward over and over.
Maybe the compromise would be to show the present stack number in a dialogue box in the stack order command rather than move back one or move to the back, etc.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Learn and get certified!