Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Folders in the Publisher

gdford
Advisor

It would sure be nice if the Publisher could have folders. As it is now publishing subsets can not have different publishing pathways, so for each directory location I need to publish to I must have a  publishing set for each path location. To organize this I am at the mercy of the tyranny of alphabetical sorting. I am publishing lots of different sets for lots of different reasons - Organizing this in the publisher is a real pain.

Gary Ford
Self Employed - Modeling, Estimating, Construction
Archicad 12-26
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
3701 Mhz, 12 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s)
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000
7 REPLIES 7
DGSketcher
Legend

I think your wish has long been granted...

Screenshot 2022-08-08 at 18.49.36.png

Help: Define Publishing Method: Print, Save, Plot, BIMx

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
gdford
Advisor

Sorry - I do not understand your solution. I am not talking about the results of folders created by the Archicad publishing process. I am talking about the actual process of publishing out to pre-existing paths selected for each of the subsets of a publisher set. The publishing path is fixed the same for all subsets under a publisher set - there is only one publishing path for each subset. I want each of the subsets under a publisher set to have the ability to be set to a unique publishing path.

-----------

or - I want the ability to have folders at the top level of the publisher so i can better organize lots and lots of publishing sets and not have to use alphabetical tricks to organize the publisher sets.

Either of these solutions would be better than what we currently  have.

gdford_0-1660074299169.png

Gary Ford
Archicad 12-26
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000
DGSketcher
Legend

I don't see much wrong with the current Publisher arrangement. You can have sets with different paths and you can print one or all of the sets or just those affected by new transmittals. Within sets you can organise by folders. I can't imagine why you would need so many different paths that they need organised into folders?

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Jan Vlach
Advocate

Why dont you just simply create three publisher sets, put each of the folders into them and give each their desired path?

From Archicad 8.5 all the way to the present.
Passionate Autocad hater as well.
Wish to save palets and menus individualy in work enviroments:
https://bit.ly/3pg3Bx7
gdford
Advisor

I am not talking about the publisher creating folders in the place it is publishing to... I am talking about having nested folders IN the publisher that can each be pathed to a unique publish to location. As the publisher works now ALL of the NESTED folders inside of each Publisher Set can ONLY publish to ONE location. I would like to have the ability for EACH of the Nested Folders inside of a Publisher Set to have the ability to publish their contents to different locations.

Gary Ford
Archicad 12-26
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000

I exactly understand what do you want. But I believe this exact outocme can be easily done with the system as is and there is no need to rewrite the software it as it would only create chaos for everybody else. Also I am still couroius why you just dont split your export into several publisher sets each outputing the part you want exactly where you want it. 

From Archicad 8.5 all the way to the present.
Passionate Autocad hater as well.
Wish to save palets and menus individualy in work enviroments:
https://bit.ly/3pg3Bx7
gdford
Advisor

I want this feature because I already have almost a hundred publisher sets and I need a better way to organize all of this. I disagree this would cause chaos for everyone. Each subfolder inherits the path from the parent folder and there is a check box in each folder to override the inheritance and assign a unique path. 

Thanks

Gary Ford
Archicad 12-26
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000