Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Font Manager

4hotshoes
Advisor
There are so many places for text to hide in the Archicad app; Stairs, labels, dims, objects, texts. It would be nice if all of the text insert locations would all reference a predefined style. That style would be defined in a Font Manager. From the Font Manager you can create a hierarchy of preset style inserts. You could create and save multiple preset styles and change them out with other preset styles. So you could have a Schematic Design preset style with a sketchy font. You could have a CD preset style. Each preset style can have custom inserts for things like dimensions, Notes, Titles, Subtitles or whatever. Each insert can be controlled by either a global font that effects all inserts or each designed insert could be a different font. You would also define each insert with font size and font effect (bold, Underline, italic). Other options could be defined in each insert line line space, kerning, Capitalization to anything that changes the look of a font. It may be useful to be able to choose which feature within a preset style would be global and effect each insert. For example, I would likely want to control the font height for each insert within a preset style to show the hierarchy between a dimension and a room label or a drawing tile, but I would want to globally define a company standard font that has a certain weight and kerning (letter spacing in a word) for all inserts with in a Preset style to maintain a consistent look.

As it is now it is a monumental task to make sure all texts in all places it up to the standard for an office. It would be great to be able to set up the font standards in a Font Style Manager and then reference pre-defined inserts that are all controlled from the manager rather than having to manually change all the font settings at every possible location texts can be found.
Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)
9 REPLIES 9
Jp1138
Expert
Very nice idea.
ARCHICAD 27 SPA
Windows 10
runxel
Legend
Exactly what I was thinking about just yesterday.
It could even be much more than "just" font handling.
I'd like to have complete styles, like you can set e.g. in InDesign. Of course the user can set as much they like (e.g. only the font, only the color, font and color, etc....)
We could then just reference those styles. Everywhere!
From Labels, to standard text, and (important!) in GDL as well.

And don't tell me "favorites"!
Still too cumbersome. Archicad needs one central place for this.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Anonymous
Not applicable
@4hotshoes
I think this is essential. Please create the poll for us to start voting.
I also think that this "Manager", could be included as a Graphic Override option.
Agreed. Please make a poll.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Good idea. Please make a poll.
henryL
Enthusiast
Essential. Please make a poll as many user suggested.
Miha_M
Advisor
Agree! Essential. Where is the poll?

| Archicad 4.55 - 27
| HP Z840 | 2× E5-2643 v4 | 64 GB RAM | Quadro M5000 | Windows 10 Pro x64
| HP Z4 G4 | W-2245 | 64 GB RAM | RTX A4000 | Windows 11

Eduardo Rolon
Poll created
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi All,

Thank you very much for sharing this idea, and for those of you who voted to express their opinion.

I am happy to say we took notice of this wish and I have added it to our Wish List database (please refer to it as Wish #12937). Hopefully, our Product Management team will adopt this one in the future.

Thank you all once more, and I wish you a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT