Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Free-form walls

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone else think that we ought to be able to manipulate walls more easily in AC? In the 3D view, for instance, grabbing a top of the wall and pulling it down to create a rake. This avoids a SEO and a hidden layer with a roof cutting object. VectorWorks has this, so I can't imagine it's too difficult.

This holds true, too, for making "battered walls": thicker at the bottom than at the top. As is, the add-on for this is awkward.

Maybe the easiest way is to allow 3D objects to become walls (again, as in Vectorworks)?

Thoughts?
2 REPLIES 2
Djordje
Ace
Brad wrote:
Does anyone else think that we ought to be able to manipulate walls more easily in AC? In the 3D view, for instance, grabbing a top of the wall and pulling it down to create a rake. This avoids a SEO and a hidden layer with a roof cutting object. VectorWorks has this, so I can't imagine it's too difficult.

This holds true, too, for making "battered walls": thicker at the bottom than at the top. As is, the add-on for this is awkward.
First no - as that is the interaction of the building elements, especially if you use SEOs, and helps the working. Your wish would mean manual adjustment.

Second, yes, definitely. To enhance it: freeform bottom and top AND section - see ArchiWall for example of what the Wall should be. Then again, the REAL question is how to build it, but we are architects, right? 😉
Brad wrote:
Maybe the easiest way is to allow 3D objects to become walls (again, as in Vectorworks)?
Hmmmm ... don't think it is possible as of now; also think it might be dangerous and make the model overly complicated (as if it is not already ...)
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Rve
Booster

I totally agree. Not be able to easy manipulate walls is so 2010