Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Full Site Design Suite of tools needed!

rm
Expert
We are now on version 23 of ArchiCAD and still don't have tools to fully design a site. No, I am not referring to the Mesh Tool. Yes you can model terrain with it, but that is NOT a site design tool.

EVERY new building in the US, and dare I say everywhere else, has site design parameters and need to studied and designed in the BIM model, the earth is not flat! Meaning, we need to be able to design roads, sidewalks, curbs, driveway cuts, ADA ramps and the like in 3D that follow the site contours or go above or below them. How has Graphisoft gone so long without offering these tools to Architects?!?

I suspect there are some creative people here that can achieve these tasks, but not easily or fast.

Graphisoft - We need site design tools, are you ever going to develop them?!?!?
Robert Mariani
MARIANI design studio, PLLC
Architecture / Architectural Photography
www.robertmariani.com

Mac OSX 13.1
AC 24 / 25 / 26
14 REPLIES 14
Ghaleb Khadra
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hi!

Thank you so much for being active on ARCHICAD-Talk and for participating in the poll!

We have registered this request in our database!

Keep an eye out on the release notes of ARCHICAD Updates/Version Releases for Wish #12532
That is the Request ID relating to this topic.

Until then, I wish you all a great day, and once more, thank you for your active participation.

Kind regards,
Ghaleb
Ghaleb Khadra
BIM Expert
GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com
Barry Kelly
Ghaleb wrote:
Thank you so much for being active on ARCHICAD-Talk and for participating in the poll!

We have registered this request in our database!

Keep an eye out on the release notes of ARCHICAD Updates/Version Releases for Wish #..........
That is the Request ID relating to this topic.

Thank you Ghaleb (and Graphisoft) for taking an interest in our wishes.
I see you have responded to quite a few just recently (you have a lot of old wishes to go through as well. ).

This is exactly what the users have always been wanting.

So to all users,
Please be sure to make your wishes as clear and concise as possible.
Don't forget to add a poll for voting.
And if you have further related wishes, please create a new separate wish (topic).

Also, just discussed at a user group meeting this morning, it is a good idea to send any wishes to your local Graphisoft technical support and note it as a request or wish.
They can then forward the idea on to HQ where they actually do keep track of how many requests there has been.
The more a request is logged through official channels, the more likely it is to get a response.
This doesn't mean it will get done, just that it will be evaluated to see if it is worth solving.

Thanks again Ghaleb, and let's hope this interest in the wishes continues.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
jl_lt
Ace
I think with the right survey info, sites of a manageable size (i'm talking about a site for one single building) can be modelled quite precisely with archicad tools, albeit not automatically and with lots of oportunities for errors.

for more robust tools we don't need to look that far either. just take a look at what vectorworks can do in this regard; i havent used it, but Youtube videos about this software's site modeling tools look amazing.
Jp1138
Expert
Well, in the Archicad 24 presentation, a question was asked about this and the answer was "there you have vectorworks for site tools" A very disappointing answer....
ARCHICAD 27 SPA
Windows 10
henryL
Enthusiast
Jp1138 wrote:
Well, in the Archicad 24 presentation, a question was asked about this and the answer was "there you have vectorworks for site tools" A very disappointing answer....
Also quite disrespectful answer i think
runxel
Legend
Jp1138 wrote:
101 How to not interact with your effing customers
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Until those Site Design Tools arrive in Archicad, you may try this Add-On called LAND4. It seems a quite capable landscape modeler to me:

https://www.land4cad.com/
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
rm
Expert
LaszloNagy wrote:
Until those Site Design Tools arrive in Archicad, you may try this Add-On called LAND4. It seems a quite capable landscape modeler to me:

https://www.land4cad.com/

That is a terrain modeling tool. It has nothing to do with Site Design, inclusive of road ways, curbs, site drainage and the like. It certainly is not a Landscape Design tool, in the sense of designing hardscape and softscape.

Essentially it looks like and advanced Mesh Tool, something GS should buy and incorporate into the software.

At least judging by the AC24, GS is going to continue to ignore the need to have more robust site design modeling tools in AC, at least for the foreseeable future.
Robert Mariani
MARIANI design studio, PLLC
Architecture / Architectural Photography
www.robertmariani.com

Mac OSX 13.1
AC 24 / 25 / 26
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Robert, thanks for the info.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD