Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

GDL: Pen Array modification so that it can accept a pen of -1

Nader Belal
Mentor
Hi there,

As of the moment I´m writing this post, using ArchiCAD 22, I have found out that PEN Array Parameter is incapable of selecting the "-1" pen, on the contrary to PEN parameter that.

Therefore, I would like that the developers would make Pen Array Parameter capable of selecting the value of "-1", as with Pen Parameter.
A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.
3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I am not even sure this should be a wish. This sounds more like a bug.
Anyway, I will forward this to Graphisoft and let them figure it out.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Barry Kelly
As mentioned here ... https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=70370&p=314242#p314271

Pen -1 (& pen 0) are special pens for the background colour of fills.
They can only be used for fills and report an error if selected for any other purpose.
The problem is that any pen parameter in a GDL object will have the option of pen 0 & -1- they just can't be used as it will give an error message.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Nader Belal
Mentor
As mentioned here .... https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=314295#p314295

What if I need these values to be saved in an array ???
I would expect that your answer is "Then use an Integer Array Parameter", but based on the circumstances I have mentioned before, including those users that aren't versatile in GDL scripting, and maintaining library part's scheme & structure with Graphisoft's GDL styling, it breaks the object's programming scheme, luckily it only affected one portion, but if it was something else it would have caused a big mess
A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.