BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

GDL Reference Guide/Learning — please add “Channels” explanation.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Please add a simple explanation on rationale behind “Channels" concept somewhere in "Learning" section of GDL Center.

Very few GDL users have even basic understanding of channel I/O architecture concepts.

Various GDL built-ins call channels extensively, but the concept of channels just appears in GDL Reference Guide out of nowhere (being listed in commands/keywords definitions), and is completely omitted from structured “Learning" section.

Basic understanding of a concept/need of opening/closing I/O channel is completely lost on any new user.

It may need to be included in structured learning section, and possibly added to other sections of GDL Center pertaining to speed of operations, for instance.
1 REPLY 1
Bruce
Expert

An example to download would be extremely helpful: the .txt file, plus code to run a simple read and print execution.

Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC27 5003 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
Learn and get certified!