BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

GDL could access detailview

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi!

It would be nice to have a new 2d section in GDL script, now we have 2d and 3d script, why not a detail-2d window script. If we have a detail-2d script here, Archicad create a new details window with informations that we have created in our detail-2d script.

-details
 |- objects
 |   |- {object title / name}
 |   |   |- {id}
8 REPLIES 8
Karl Ottenstein
I have no idea what you are talking about...??

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Dwight
Newcomer
You refer to scale-sensitive symbols?
Dwight Atkinson
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
The problem is that Detail or W-sheet window explodes the 3D representation of elements into 2D primitives (fills, curves, lines etc). I can think of (at least) one reason. Imagine a detail of a 3D chair (shown in elevation) from a section. Detail or W-sheet do not run the 3D script because they are essentially 2D flattened transformations of 3D space.
The whole problem could be addressed by W-sheet/Detail which are 'alive' - a sort of 'flattened' 3D Document.... and this is a long standing wish. AFAIK GS is fully aware of this.
::rk
Anonymous
Not applicable
My idea wasn't that the GDL detail view should be build from 2d or 3d view, it should be built directly in gdl script with normal 2d GDL code but with it's own section.
The user should have the ability to turn off this generated detailview if there is a 2d detail script. Isn't there any 2d ds, then ArchiCad wouldn't create any view.

Maybe it shouldn't be under Details, maybe we should have a section for GDL generated views.

I'm not sure exactly how I should explain in english, look at my attached picture, maybe it explain what I want.

Why I want this, it's because that than I can make my object draw a description drawing directly linked to objects on plan.

//
Spec_Chair_12 is the name of the object
SpC_1 and SpC_2 is the ID of two objects that use Spec_Chair_12.gsm
2d_detail_script.jpg
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
TurboGlider,

If I understood correctly you can achieve this by using scale sensitive approach in your lib part. eg if the scale is like 1:10 the lib part would show particular annotation. you can do this now. as an example would be this:
1. draw a wall with a window in it (scale sensitive option must be on - use some standard lib window) at scale 1:100.
2. create a detail of the window
3. go to the detail window change the scale to 1:10 and select 'redraw the detail from source'
4. window will be redrawn at 1:10 detail (despite of your plan view's original scale 1:100), so in other words the 2D script of the window will be re-run at this particular detail scale

to check the scale use GLOB_SCALE or A_

or am I missing something here?
Anonymous
Not applicable
That's is not what I want, window was just an example. What I want is to have the ability to create a standalone 2d view with automatic from my GDL object, what I put in the detail views should be up to the author of the script, it could be alot of information (planview, elevations, sections, textdescriptions, number of objects and so on). By this ability we could make more sofisticated object that are directly linked to the objects in our buildingmodel. If I change some parameters, than the standalone 2d view also would be updated.

Hope you all begin to understand what I searching for now. Or you all have to learn swedish
Rob wrote:
TurboGlider,

If I understood correctly you can achieve this by using scale sensitive approach in your lib part. eg if the scale is like 1:10 the lib part would show particular annotation. you can do this now. as an example would be this:
1. draw a wall with a window in it (scale sensitive option must be on - use some standard lib window) at scale 1:100.
2. create a detail of the window
3. go to the detail window change the scale to 1:10 and select 'redraw the detail from source'
4. window will be redrawn at 1:10 detail (despite of your plan view's original scale 1:100), so in other words the 2D script of the window will be re-run at this particular detail scale

to check the scale use GLOB_SCALE or A_

or am I missing something here?
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
That's is not what I want, window was just an example. What I want is to have the ability to create a standalone 2d view with automatic from my GDL object, what I put in the detail views should be up to the author of the script, it could be alot of information (planview, elevations, sections, textdescriptions, number of objects and so on)...
ok, I think I understood. you want to use your lib part as sort of 'placeholder' or 'anchor' for more information. So let's say you'd like to have a chair lib part with all detail drawings in it. the problem is a bit larger that you might think. eg. cross-referencing of such drawings and this is not really a BIM or VB (whatever you call it) approach as information stored in such a lib part would be hard to find and navigate through. then all preferences like dimension types/units/styles, pens fills (basically attributes) etc... that would be a nightmare to program this in GDL. don't you think?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Rob wrote:
ok, I think I understood. you want to use your lib part as sort of 'placeholder' or 'anchor' for more information. So let's say you'd like to have a chair lib part with all detail drawings in it. the problem is a bit larger that you might think. eg. cross-referencing of such drawings and this is not really a BIM or VB (whatever you call it) approach as information stored in such a lib part would be hard to find and navigate through. then all preferences like dimension types/units/styles, pens fills (basically attributes) etc... that would be a nightmare to program this in GDL. don't you think?
Now you understand me better but maybe not exactly. I'm not sure about how it should work, but the ability to make a standalone view for an object would be nice.
Learn and get certified!