Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

GDL-modeling enviroment wish

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi!
Please make "visual gdl-like" enviroment, where people can edit objects made from (with basic tools) modeled primitives. Same type of approach than in profile editor, but with 3d window. In this editor you can:

-further model parts, with same type of toolset as in regular ArchiCAD tools
-set resolution on complex parts
-edit, add hotspots, textures (and simplify) imported content (c4d, 3ds, rvt, dwg ...)
-publish to many formats, to be sent for external cad and cnc-systems. For example you have modeled custom rafter or truss and send it to engineer or directly to manufacturing. Or lamp post, railing, statue,,,,,
-edit separately 2d symbol level by drawing and set detail levels for scales
(1:100-1:50-1:20...)
-add architectural 2d-symbol for imported 3d-models
-add lights for lamps
(basicly ArchiCAD inside ArchiCAD though )
Regs,
Anonymous
Not applicable
This would be incredibly useful...
Anonymous
Not applicable
my vision of a visual GDL would be something node based in the style of grasshopper:
all commands are node, you link them and give them parameters, and process them with mathematical functions(that are linked nodes too).
the result of this schema is the script as we see it now.
NandoMogollon
Advocate
I decided not to create another wish...
but really, for Rhino there is Grasshopper, for Revit there is Dynamo

I propose for ArchiCAD there should be Mazha

so tell me guys, wouldn't you like something like this?
Nando Mogollon
Director @ BuilDigital
nando@buildigital.com.au
Using, Archicad Latest AU and INT. Revit Latest (have to keep comparing notes)
More and more... IFC.js, IFCOpenShell
All things Solibri and BIMCollab
sityu
Booster
Of course!

But I think it would be great to renew the whole gdl. From the museum-piece, basic-like programming language into an up-to-date, object orianted script-language.

And to promote more the API of archicad. From a software manufacturer companies' highly sophisticated, mistifying possibilities into a community driven tool for improvement of the archicad.
Of course this needs education (of programming skills), and I know the average archicad user architect doesn't really like this kind of stuff (I mean: the computer scripting); but I think there are growing number of youngsters, who are familiar with scripting, and the autodesk will get them, and the archicad will remain for elderly architects...
Talmácsi, István, architect (AC user since 1997, ac4.5 - now: ac18)
NandoMogollon
Advocate
Actually, tough the picture shows "nodes" as raw GDL script, I was thinking more of a Translator or Mother code, something that combines raw GDL code with some sort of "snippets" .
In that way you can simply put a node for Loops, or one for calling other objects or even macros from pop lists and so on.

I would like to put more effort and time into it, but neither my associate (the programmer) and myself have enough "free" time to invest in this. I guess we all have to make a living and keep our day jobs.

regards

Nando
Nando Mogollon
Director @ BuilDigital
nando@buildigital.com.au
Using, Archicad Latest AU and INT. Revit Latest (have to keep comparing notes)
More and more... IFC.js, IFCOpenShell
All things Solibri and BIMCollab
Anonymous
Not applicable
WOW that is great!

That is exactly what we need!

Do you program it as a stand alone or as a plugin in Archicad!

Continue the good job!
Cheers