BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

GDL parameter name translator

abdelaziz
Expert

Hi,

it would be nice to have an option that would automatically translate the parameter names of GDL objects in one click

AMD Ryzen 5950x
AMD RX 6750xt
AC27
3 REPLIES 3
runxel
Legend

By translating you really mean from one language to another?

E.g. from french to german?

Seeing the "quality" of Google translate I'd guess that this will never work 😉

The used terms are way to specific and you would lose meaning all the time. In the end you end up faster by just doing it by hand.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

Hi

if this option is possible through a Python script or other automation script, and I have to manually change 20% or 30% of the technical terms of the parameter names, then I would be very satisfied

AMD Ryzen 5950x
AMD RX 6750xt
AC27

Well, certainly this is possible.

But do you really need this so often you would actually benefit by having a script?

But yeah, the outline would be like:

• Let the script convert the GSM to HSF
  • Open the 'paramlist.xml' and substitute all Names by the translation
  • For this you can use the API of a translator of your choice (costs will probably very low since the volume is low; maybe even free of charge)
  • Let it convert back to GSM

This is about 100 lines of Python code, I guess.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Learn and get certified!