BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

GDL script window line number

julienK
Advocate
Hi,

I rely heavily on GDL to build my projects and sometimes create objects with an enormous amount of code.

It would make like much more easier if we could have the line number in the script windows.

I hope the fellow developers at graphisoft understand the pain we GDL users go through and can squeeze this simple fix in archicad 20.

Julien
5 REPLIES 5
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Essential, it would remove the need of copy pasting code to a text editor that has line numbers every time you code something with more than a few lines of code. The line numbers add up rapidly once you start coding in coordinates!
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Barry Kelly
Place your cursor in any line of code and press 'CTRL+L' to find the line number.
Alternatively type an number in that dialogue and ENTER to go to that line.'

The only time you really need to know the line numbers is when you get an error in Archicad - 'problem at line xxx in object yyy'
The just use CTRL+L to find it.

If you press the 'Check Script' button in the editor it will highlight the line with an error (if you press STOP) - you may just have to scroll up or don in the script to see it - don't click in the script or you will lose the highlight.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
julienK
Advocate
Thanks Barry I didn't know that CTRL+L shortcut.

Very usefull indeed.
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Cheers, did not know that either
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Lingwisyer
Guru
Ctrl + L, that really needs to be written somewhere convenient. Maybe add it to the error report...

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Learn and get certified!