Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Geometry Conversion for IFC Export

Bram
Participant

Hi everyone,

In several OpenBIM workflows with the IFC2x3 and IFC4 schema I have encountered the problem of the subdivision of Composite and Complex elements and with their parameters (Attributes and Properties) according to their IFC classification. An example is with the wall (IcWall) with several layers, which with the subdivision option its parts are exported as IfcBuildingElementPart.

https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide/89325/#XREF_62919_Split_Complex

The problem I see is that it is not possible to transform it to an IfcCovering in order to generate quantifications in Solibri. I believe that a new option can be achieved for translators and that the Parameters are classified from the Construction Material plus the Surfaces, and from these already transformed to IfcCovering, more specific Parameters such as the paint color of the inner layer can come out and another color for the finish of the outer layer, from the Pset_CoveringCommon with the PropertyName "Finish". And thus avoid double jobs if the client specifies a geometry level and the separation of these entities from both IfcWall and IfcCovering.

BIM Manager
1 REPLY 1
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Dear Bram,

Thank you for sharing the idea, we really appreciate the time you've taken to contribute towards the development of the software!

I am happy to say we took notice of this wish and I have added it to our Wish List database (please refer to it as IDEA-4359). Hopefully, our Product Management team will adopt this one in the future.

Have a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT