Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Ghost Stories

Anonymous
Not applicable
- Allow Ghost storey to be seen through fills. Having items hidden by fills is pointless.
- Allow Ghost storey to be seen in detail windows.
12 REPLIES 12
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
- Allow Ghost storey to be seen in detail windows.
this is a good one mate...
anyway, browsing the forum, are you? bludger...
::rk
owen
Newcomer
I like it.

Although what would you view in a Section/Elevation detail? The ability to Ghost the source drawing would be nice perhaps ..

Not being able to see the Ghost storey through any cover fills on slabs is one of the reasons i really try not to use them (the other main ones being the slabs location in the Display Order occasionally hiding things it shouldn't and cover fills appearing on remote stories too .. like below ). They would be great otherwise as they are the only way AFAIK to use the Floot Plan Cutplane range to view elements on floors below (lowered terraces, etc) whilst hiding all the other walls you will then see despite them being under the floor.
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
Anonymous
Not applicable
This wish, (along with many of the other wishes you barraged us with yesterday) have been posted here before!

Why stop at these? Why not ghost layouts on layouts (for alignment purposes), sections on sections, elevations on elevations? Heck why not let us ghost anything on anything?!

Hunter.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hunter wrote:
This wish, (along with many of the other wishes you barraged us with yesterday) have been posted here before!

Why stop at these? Why not ghost layouts on layouts (for alignment purposes), sections on sections, elevations on elevations? Heck why not let us ghost anything on anything?!

Hunter.
I regularly look at the wishes, but not all, i am not that keen a archi-talker. So if i have doubled up, apologies, next time just ignore my wish, easy. If they were wished before ArchiCAD 10 release then maybe it is worth bringing it up again so hopefully it gets into 11 or as a patch to 10.

For me, ghosting the section and floor plan in the detail window makes it ALOT easier to document of detail. The other ghosting options you suggested are not so important to me, and probably not a wish for me, maybe others will say differently?
andrewzarb
Booster
Mark wrote:
- Allow Ghost storey to be seen through fills. Having items hidden by fills is pointless.
Amen brother!
Hunter wrote:
Heck why not let us ghost anything on anything?!
Hunter.
That's not funny. That is BRILLIANT!
The ghost story should be frontmost with a (settable) degree of transparency (for that ghost look).
Anonymous
Not applicable
Allow Ghost storey to be seen through fills. Having items hidden by fills is pointless.
Allow Ghost storey to be seen in detail windows.

These are fantastic requests. It is things like this that will give ArchiCAD an edge over competitors and improve documenting capabilities whilst saving time.

Peace
Anonymous
Not applicable
That was one of the cool things about Vectorworks (for the short time I worked on it) was that you could "ghost" any (or every) story.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Mark wrote:
I agree that this should happen by default. You do realize that you can disable your cover fills in your model view as a work - around. I have set up a couple of model view combinations for "working" and one of them does this.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd still like to be able to print/publish them sometimes.......