BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Ghost Stories

Anonymous
Not applicable
- Allow Ghost storey to be seen through fills. Having items hidden by fills is pointless.
- Allow Ghost storey to be seen in detail windows.
12 REPLIES 12
__archiben
Booster
SteveC0013 wrote:
I'd still like to be able to print/publish them sometimes.......
you can from the 'print...' dialogue. publisher doesn't let you . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
MSotero
Participant
Ghost Anything Anywhere would be great!

Often I've had to make additional stories for elevations, sections, details in order to see other sections, plans, whatever contextually.

Having done that, each ghost story also needs a rotation definition and possibly a alignment or insertion point. To see a plan ghosted under a section could use the section marker itself to help in this regard (at least with rotation) and if the section marker position is the "0" level position on the section drawing. However, when used for an elevation, the marker position may not be ideal for the ghost view, so one needs to be able to move the ghost view around.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ghosting sections on sections would be SO incredibly useful. Especially as it is difficult to produce real construction sections/elevations from the model without some reworking.

We always end up reverting to some manual drawing, and then it is a pain trying to work with a model and a drawing.

Ghosting would alow the model to be ghosted under the drawing and vice versa.

Definitely essential, an absolute must for v11.
Learn and get certified!