Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Global Pen definition of Windows, Doors, Objects, etc.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would love a way to set up pen and linetype preferences globally for all windows (for example, all swing pens are #6 and solid, etc.)and doors and select objects (such as appliances and furniture.) The process of changing them manually is time consuming, and with the 12 month release schedule, I have to redo it all the time.
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
Don't forget to vote in your own poll. 😉
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
This might be kind-of possible in AC13 with these new custom GDL Model View Options. If the door/window pen settings were listed there and all D&Ws referred to them, then your problem would be solved!

I doubt the standard D&W would be set up for this though , but I agree it would be very useful.
sedley
Booster
Peter wrote:
This might be kind-of possible in AC13 with these new custom GDL Model View Options. If the door/window pen settings were listed there and all D&Ws referred to them, then your problem would be solved!

I doubt the standard D&W would be set up for this though , but I agree it would be very useful.
It's quite possible.
The guys at Cadimage has that feature in D&W Builder.
Once you set the pens for one (say a Door) all other doors and even window use those pens.

However, you can save you settings a favorite and transfer those settings.
Sedley Jeffers
St.Vincent & the Grenadines
Archicad 26 Full USA - Cadimage & Twinmotion
MacBook Pro M1 16", 64GB RAM. OSX Monterey