Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Graphic Override Extentions

gpowless
Advocate
Please extend Graphic Overrides to include turning off layers and hiding elements. By doing this it can completely replace the renovation filters and allow us multiple configurations of model and plan options.
Intel i7-6700@3.4GHz 16g
GeForce GTX 745 4g HP Pavilion 25xw
Windows 10 Archicad 26 USA Full
6 REPLIES 6
Eduardo Rolon
Hmm. that is what Layer sets are for.
-----
Anyway, this might be an option with GOs as they exist today.

You can turn objects lines to white, pen type to a dotted (edit line so dots are really small and widely separated) line and fills to transparent using GO's
-----
Or am I missing something
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

gpowless
Advocate
That's not what I was after. Individual layers and layer sets are binary. They are on or off. Adding them to GOs would allow layers to be off or on under a set of criteria making them more dynamic.
Intel i7-6700@3.4GHz 16g
runxel
Legend
gpowless wrote:
That's not what I was after. Individual layers and layer sets are binary. They are on or off. Adding them to GOs would allow layers to be off or on under a set of criteria making them more dynamic.
What do you mean? What kind of criteria do you think of?
What do you need what's currently not doable?

While I like the idea of hiding particular elements (just like the way of locking them), I can understand, why there is no such option. Especially when you work in teamwork with others, there would be no way to tell if there are "missing" elements.

Anyway your wish will never be granted, because it would be a blatant misconception (actually GO corrected this issue for the good).
Layers => what's displayed
MVO => how it's representated
GO => how it's looking
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
gpowless
Advocate
MVO is on its way out. GOs will eventually replace it. Renovation states are too limited - even for renovations where construction needs to be phased. An 'option manager' has long been on the wish list for many users. GOs are the closest thing to allowing options if it had the ability to hide elements & layers based on a set of criteria (Option 1, Option 2 etc).

Something I find all the time is that 2 walls occupying the same space connected to a third wall are always in conflict, even when hidden. The only solution presently is to change the layer priority on the one wall layer of the current wall set. Then when the other wall needs to be shown changing the priority of the other layer in another set. That means we have to double the layer sets just to show or hide one or the other walls.
Intel i7-6700@3.4GHz 16g
This might a a different, but salted wish.

I've stumbled across some tutorials on scripting MVOs. What about a dialog directed (as opposed to hard scripting) MVO creation environment. Something graphic and akin to creating Schedules or Properties or Classifications.

And a more Robust Renovation Override Styles.

Or merge both and let them apply to all ArchiCAD elements.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
runxel
Legend
gpowless wrote:
MVO is on its way out. GOs will eventually replace it. Renovation states are too limited - even for renovations where construction needs to be phased. An 'option manager' has long been on the wish list for many users. GOs are the closest thing to allowing options if it had the ability to hide elements & layers based on a set of criteria (Option 1, Option 2 etc).
Do you think so? I'm doubtful about MVO leaving Archicad...
While thinking about your wish I slowly begin to understand what you'd like to achieve (You want to spread the MVO settings more nuanced, right? E.g. some columns would have their symbol, some not, etc.)

At least GS is working on reno.

I agree with you that hiding (specific) elements is a very cumbersome task at the moment. (I'd like to have IDs for lines as well...)
Also an option manager would be great surely.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»