BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Graphic Override by Layer Folder

It would be great if Graphic Overrides could be assigned to Layer Folders so that all layers within a specific folder can be overridden at once.

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.0
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)
6 REPLIES 6
DGSketcher
Legend

I think it would be useful Lee, I just have a horrible feeling that the Folders within the new attributes are a shopping bag rather than a meaningful part of the data structure, which could make your valid wish a bit tricky to implement. I think we have a flat data structure that doesn't use cascading data flows for things like folders, styles, instancing, subgrouping etc that are missing throughout the UI. Navigator has it, where it's not broken, but let's be honest, Search was the first update in this area for decades.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

Yes! The fact that this wasn't implemented from start is quite depressing and once again raises the question ignorance or technical constraint? Either way doesn't look good for the future of AC if such obvious potential can't be realised smoothly.

I'd add by Layer Combination folders to your suggestion, but the folders still haven't arrived.

Supply chain issue probably.  : - )

Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1

Agreee, this would be great. GS has taken notice:

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Wishes-forum/Graphic-Override-GO-and-Layer-folders/td-p/359102

regards
David G

ArchiCad since 8.1

Mac Studio (2022) - Apple M1 Ultra
macOS Monterey 12.4

That's great, I did do a search of the Forum before I posted and hadn't come across that post. Hopefully it will be implemented prior to AC50.

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.0
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)
kmitotk
Advocate

Yes. Not just layers, same for all the other attribute folders. 

And not just Graphic Override, the attribute folders should be available as criteria in Find & Select and Schedules as well, just like the way the classification branches are made available now.

And even better if the folder names could also become element's properties that could be used in the Schedule field, Labels, Expressions and IFC properties.

Kei Mito

Architect | Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager
ArchiCAD 26 & 27 JPN USA & INT | Windows 10

Learn and get certified!