Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Graphic Override styles to access properties

Josh Verran
Expert

This might be best explained through an example.

Imagine if you had a property that contained the embodied carbon of an element (kgCO²/kg).

Then you had an expression-based property that converted the kgCO²/kg to an RGB value.

Not sure exactly what that would look like, perhaps R = kgCO²/kg x 50, G = kgCO²/kg x 10, B = kgCO²/kg x 75.

Concat Expression R & G & B.

The end result would be a graphic override that could on the fly change the colour of an element based on its Embodied carbon.

At the moment you need as many GO rules as there is values.

Endless other applications

Hope that makes sense.

GRAPHISOFT CERTIFIED ARCHICAD BIM MANAGER

ARCHICAD 18-27 | BIMcloud Basic | CI Tools | Grasshopper - Rhino | CloudCompare | Bluebeam

LinkedIn | www.creativespace.co.nz | Tauranga, New Zealand

Windows 10 Pro | Intel Core i9-9900K @3.60GHZ | 32Gb RAM | 2xSamsung S27F350 1920x1080 60Hz | Nvidia Quadro P2200 (5Gb)
4 REPLIES 4
Professor Pickle
Advocate

I would go even further than this. Elements should be able to have their properties set by reading other elements' properties. Combine that with expressions and you're in parametric haven 😉

Pushing the boundaries of local time/space continuum since 1972.
Archicad 26 | iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017) | 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 | 24 GB | Radeon Pro 580 8 GB | macOS 12.6

One element properties belong to that element, I wouldn't expect further interaction with other element's properties on this level. But I would love to have the schedules overhauled into something with interactive expression functionality.

| Archicad 4.55 - 27
| HP Z840 | 2× E5-2643 v4 | 64 GB RAM | Quadro M5000 | Windows 10 Pro x64
| HP Z4 G4 | W-2245 | 64 GB RAM | RTX A4000 | Windows 11

I want the ceiling in my secret torture chamber to always be at exactly 1.3m above the medieval torture rack. If I can read the properties of the torture rack then as I move it around the chamber and adjust it's hight to suit the heights of my variously vertically challanged henchmen, the ceiling will automatically move up or down to keep the overall depressive atmosphere of the chamber.

Pushing the boundaries of local time/space continuum since 1972.
Archicad 26 | iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017) | 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 | 24 GB | Radeon Pro 580 8 GB | macOS 12.6

That's not the exact use case I had, but pretty similar.  Muaahaahahaaa!

Archicad 26 / Windows 11